Good day. I'm Liz. I live in a beautiful area of the South of Australia called Gembrook. I've competed at an international standard with horses, and so I've been an athlete all my life. When I virtually gave up riding, I started marathon runnings. The reason I initially went to the doctor was that I was having trouble with my breathing. They did an ultrasound and things like that, and she sent me with all the results to these specialist, which was called a nephrologist.
He said, "Oh no, you've got chronic kidney disease," whatever that was, and he said, "There is absolutely nothing you can do." He said, "It's just totally incurable. There is nothing can happen and I give you five years." Because I have a master's degree in education, so I'm an academic too. So I went onto the internet and did some searching. Everything that I found was for people who are already on dialysis.
There was nothing for people who are in the situation that I was in, that Lee's in. Anyway, I kept searching and eventually came across my hero called Lee. I just couldn't believe what he was doing for everybody out of the goodness of his heart. He sent me all of this material. So I was probably sticking to Lee's diet about 80% of the time, and the other 20% was just an ordinary vegetarian diet.
So I'll give you a couple of sets of results. The first ones were pre the Albutrix coming out and there were on the 18th of the second, 19. The GFR at that time came up as 33 and the creatinine came up as 141, which was way out of the range it had been prior to that. So the next set of tests that I did, which was on the 25th of the second, the GFR was then 41 and the creatinine and had gone back down to 118. The only difference in that time was that Lee's tablets had come out and I'd taken them.
Since Lee's tablets, it's gone 33, 41, 43 and the creatinine has gone 141, 118, and 113. So what other proof would they like? The specialist said to me, he said, "Oh, you must have been having a bad day." I thought, "No." But again, this is the trouble. They won't believe that there is anything other than what they say, which is that there is no cure. Because I said to him, "What about your diet?" He said, "Oh, it doesn't make any difference." He said, "Not until you're on dialysis."
I thought, "God, here we go." I've been back to the heart specialist since and got on his little treadmill. He said that my breathing has improved. He's taken me off one set of tablets that he had me on. So, that's great. I now believe there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Okay. Initially I believed that I had a very limited amount of time, and that I wasn't going to be able to do the things I wanted to do.
Now I don't. I believe that if I stick to using my tablets, stick as well as I can to the diet that my life will run its normal course. Cooking I think is the most difficult thing because my husband has a heart arrhythmia, so he's got to have certain things in his diet or not in his diet, like broccoli and all that sort of stuff, which I'm supposed to have in mind. So I'm looking forward to the cookbook coming out. I've ordered it, but it's on the slow boat from America to Australia. So that will help those sorts of things.
So I'd try and get through it maybe chapter by chapter and just make the notes that apply to you. So whatever foods that you use, whatever changes you can make in your lifestyle, knowing that in doing this, there's dozens and dozens of people who have come before you who have followed this example and who are getting the results. So this is the light at the end of your tunnel. It does work, and that's the important thing. You've just got to believe that and realize that the difficulties in what you're doing now are going to have the most amazing results, and your life is going to be longer and you know much more fulfilling.